Nick Wignall is a clinical psychologist based in Albuquerque who specializes in evidence-based treatments for anxiety and insomnia.
Nick and Daron discuss the relationship between sleep hygiene, cognitive behavior therapy for insomnia, and mindfulness. Nick shares a refreshing strategy for getting better at worrying on purpose and Daron describes some of the attention exercises he recommends to people struggling with alertness in the middle of the night.
Resources that came up in our conversation:
- “How to Fall Asleep Fast with Deliberate Worry” by Nick Wignall
- "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)" from the National Sleep Foundation
- “Attentional Fitness Exercises for Worry and Insomnia” by Daron Larson (based on Shinzen Young’s approach to working with insomnia)
- Napflix “A parody video platform where you can find the most silent and sleepy content selection to relax your brain and easily fall asleep.”
- Slow TV's scenic train ride from Bergen, Norway to Oslo
- More articles on sleep and insomnia
- Other articles and guides arranged by topic
Please consider leaving a review, following us on Twitter, and sharing your reflections on Facebook. Email Daron at email@example.com to share feedback, suggest a guest, or to discuss underwriting The Art of Attention podcast.