Findings in the report include:
- The number of suicides for those age 10 to 24 increased 56% while the rate increased 64% from 2007 to 2018.
- The rate for people 65 and older increased nearly 48% between 2007 and 2018.
- White, non-Hispanic males had the highest suicide rate.
- The suicide rate among black males increased 54% from 2014 to 2018.
- Five people die by suicide every day in Ohio with over 1,800 suicide deaths last year. ODH Medical Director Mark Hurst says it's not clear why the rates have increased.