Listen

Police: Water Heater Problem Led To Deaths Of Genoa Township Family

May 14, 2019

The Reitter Family in 2013
Credit family photo
Genoa Township police say a loose pipe on a tankless water heater is the likely cause of a carbon-monoxide leak that killed a family of four in their home May 2nd. 

Police have ruled out foul play in the deaths  of Richard Reitter III, his wife Jennifer and their two children at their Lewis Center Road home.Police say the device was installed by the homeowner without the proper permit.