In this episode, host Dan Skinner (@danielrskinner) interviewed Dr. Ray Bignall. You can follow him on Twitter at @DrRayMD. If you are interested in learning more, check out this Overview of the Kidney from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases and this Overview of Chronic Kidney Disease from NIDDKD.
In our news round-up we discussed:
- The recent mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton and WBUR's reporting on "vicarious trauma."
- We also discussed a TIME magazine piece on how doctors are responding to the conflation of gun violence with mental illness.
- Next we referenced Everytown's research on gun violence and suicide statistics.
- We then discussed reporting by Dayton Daily News on Governor Mike DeWine's support for gun safety legislation.
- Finally we talked about HB 347 and HB 228 and how they prevent cities from passing gun legislation of their own. To learn more check out this article by the Cincinnati Enquirer and this article from the Plain Dealer on the history of Ohio's history of restricting the ability of cities to pass legislation related to guns.
Produced by Dan Skinner, Kyle Rosenberger, and Mark Frantz
Editorial support and show notes by Jory Gomes
Contact Prognosis Ohio: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Prognosis Ohio on Twitter: @prognosisohio
Please leave a positive review of Prognosis Ohio at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/prognosis-ohio/id1438757698
If you are interested in underwriting Prognosis Ohio, and bringing attention to your event or business on our platform, please email us.