Makes 10 balls
Is chocolate your guilty pleasure? No need for the 'guilty' part any more. Chocolate fix sorted.
· 105 g (3 1/2 oz/1 cup) 100 percent raw cacao powder
· 400 g (14 oz/4 cups) almond meal
· 100 g (3 1/2 oz/1 cup) protein powder
· 3 tablespoons honey
· 5 tablespoons coconut water
· 5 tablespoons desiccated coconut
· 3 tablespoons chia seeds
Put cacao powder, almond meal, and protein powder in a food processor and buzz until combined. Add the honey and coconut water and buzz until a firm paste forms.
Roll tablespoons of the mixture into about 10 balls. Mix the desiccated coconut and chia seeds in a small bowl. Roll the balls in the mixture to coat them and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
From Bondi Harvest by Guy Turland with Mark Alston, HarperCollins 2016.
Originally posted on The Splendid Table's website.