WCBE_Header_Final_2.png
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations
If you have a question or comment about WCBE's new programming lineup, please call 614-365-6655 and leave us a message!

Central Ohioan charged in U. S. Capitol siege is sentenced to two years probation

Justin Stoll
Justin Stoll
/
YouTube
Justin Stoll in a self-filmed video at the U. S. Capitol January 6, 2021

A Central Ohio man who admitted threatening a witness after posting videos from the U.S. Capitol riots was sentenced Wednesday to two years of probation.

Justin Stoll, of Wilmington, had pleaded guilty in January in U.S. District Court in Cincinnati to transmitting a threat to injure. Authorities allege Stoll breached the security barricades at the Capitol, but did not enter the building on Jan. 6.

According to court documents, Stoll attended the rally and eventually went with other rioters past police barricades that had been torn down. He recorded videos showing this and posted them online.

Federal prosecutors have said Stoll declared in one video taken Jan. 6, “D.C.’s a war zone!...You ain’t got enough cops, baby! We are at war at the Capitol…. We have taken the Capitol. This is our country.”

When one online viewer said they’d saved his video, Stoll warned that if the viewer took action to “ever jeopardize me, from being with my family,” then the person would meet his or her “maker,” and that he would be the one to “arrange the meeting.”

Prosecutors said Stoll had been cooperative with authorities since his arrest and he acknowledged that what happened on January 6, 2021 was wrong They determined that he posed "a relatively low risk of reoffending". Court records indicated that Stoll will refrain from excessive alcohol use and receive substance abuse testing. And that as part of the plea deal, Stoll accepted that he will not be permitted to own a firearm in the future.

At least 48 Ohioans have been charged in connection with the January 6 siege.