The Art of Attention Episode #8: Arden Kaywin Teaches Singers to Trust their Instrument
Arden Kaywin is a singer, voice teacher, and vocal producer based in Los Angeles. She incorporates mindful awareness into her holistic approach to helping singers get out of their heads and realize their full potential for artistic expression.
Arden and Daron discuss the kinds of obstacles professional singers run into and how navigating them invariably supports showing up for more fully in their personal lives.
Resources related to this conversation:
- FEAR: False Evidence Appearing Real
- The DEN Mediation studio in Los Angeles
- Mindfulness teachers: Heather Prete and Chandresh Bhardwaj (author of Break the Norms)
- "For Singers Who Have Ever Felt Stuck In Your Head" A blog post Arden wrote in response to Daron's TEDxColumbus Talk Don't Try to Be Mindful
- "Attentional Fitness Training for Musicians" A blog post Daron wrote about bringing mindful awareness to musical practice and performance
- Arden Kaywin Vocal Studio (www.ardenkaywinvocalstudio.com)
- Facebook Group: The Pro Singer Success Collective
Please consider leaving a review, following us on Twitter, and sharing your reflections on Facebook. Email Daron at firstname.lastname@example.org to share feedback, suggest a guest, or to discuss underwriting The Art of Attention podcast.