Ohio's "Stay at Home" order has been extended to May 29, and is being rebranded as "Stay Safe Ohio".
Governor Mike DeWine says the new order signed by Health Director Dr. Amy Acton, contains many of the same provisions; maintaining social distance, limiting travel, and self-isolating when necessary.
"We've got a pathway. Let's keep going. Let's do it responsibly. Let's keep our people safe. Let's get our businesses open. Let's move it forward."
There are some new elements; in addition to the previously announced reopenings, some retail businesses can begin curbside pick up of orders or appointment-only service, if they can limited gatherings to fewer than 10 people at a time, and maintain hygiene and spacing requirements released earlier this week.
Ohioans are encourgaged to stay at home unless participating in business or activites, and elderly or health compromised people are strongly encouraged to stay at home. Restrictions on gatherings do not apply to religious facilties or gatherings, funerals or weddings, although wedding receptions must follow the 10-person or fewer guideline.
Businesses must require employees to wear masks, or provide written justification on why they should be exempt, and may require customers to wear masks.
Many types of businesses remain closed, including restaurants, bars, babershops and salons, and sport events and other mass gatherings are still banned under the new order. But Governor DeWine says as the state continues to reopen businesses, those bans will be overridden.
The text of the modified order has been posted on the state's coronavirus.oh.gov website.